|Date of Birth and nationality||21 November 1964, born in Portugal|
|Date of 1st appointment at CTT||29 April 2020|
|Term of office||2020 / 2022|
- 1990: MBA, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- 1989: MSc in Systems Engineering (Expert Systems), Instituto Superior Técnico (IST), Universidade de Lisboa
- 1987: Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Instituto Superior Técnico (IST), Universidade de Lisboa
Management and supervisory positions held internally
- 2020 - …: Chairman (non-executive) of the Board of Directors of CTT
Other internal positions held
- 2020-…: Chairman of the Selection and Remuneration Committee of Banco CTT, S.A.
- 2020-…: Chairman of the Selection Committee of Payshop (Portugal), S.A.
- 2020-…: Chairman of the Selection Committee of 321 Crédito - Instituição Financeira de Crédito, S.A.
- 2020-…: Member of the Ethics Committee of CTT
- 2020 - …: Chairman of the Corporate Governance, Evaluation and Nominating Committee of CTT
Started his professional career as Assistant Professor and Researcher in Control Systems and Informatics at Instituto Superior Técnico and at Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
Between 1990 and 2017, held positions at McKinsey & Company, namely as Senior Partner for the Financial Institutions area, Managing Partner for Spain and Portugal, Managing Partner for Global Risk Management, and Member of the Global Board of Directors, of the Global Remunerations Committee and of the Partner Election and Evaluation Committees. Since September 2017, has been Director Emeritus of McKinsey & Company.
Currently, holds positions on the Boards of Directors of several companies in Portugal and Spain, including BBVA, José de Mello Capital and CUF (formerly José de Mello Saúde).
Management and supervisory positions held in other companies (last 5 years)
- 2020 - …: Non-executive Member of the Board of Directors of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A.
- 2019 - …: Non-executive Member of the Board of Directors of José de Mello Capital, S.A.
- 2017 - …: Non-executive Member of the Board of Directors of CUF, S.A. (formerly José de Mello Saúde, S.A.)
Other external positions held (last 5 years)
- 2003 - …: Chairman of the Board of Directors of Fundação Manuel Violante