These terms and conditions are agreed between CTT - Correios de Portugal S.A.– Sociedade Aberta, with head office at Av. D. João II, n. º 13, 1999-001 Lisboa, in Lisbon, registered at the Lisbon Business Registry, under the number 1697, tax identification number 500077568, equity capital of €75,000,000.00 hereafter referred to as CTT, and any private person or company wishing to purchase online at www.ctt.pt/loja-online hereinafter referred to as “Customer”.
1. Object and Scope
The object of these terms and conditions is to define the online store terms and conditions set out between CTT and the Customer from the moment of the order to the delivery of the goods.
These terms and conditions rule all steps necessary to perform the order and ensure the follow up of the transaction between the contracting parties.
By making an order, the Customer agrees to observe and comply with these Online Store Terms and Conditions, prices and products included in the transaction.
The Customer may order online at the website www.ctt.pt/lojaonline, by phone number (+351) 21 0471976 on working days from 08:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., by fax (+351) 210 471 976 or by our contact form.
Should one product not be available, CTT undertakes to inform and reimburse the Customer for the amount already paid within 30 days at the most, counting from the date of acknowledgement of the unavailability.
When at least one product of an order of several products is not available, the order is dispatched with the available products. When the stock is replenished, the remaining order is dispatched with no additional costs to the customer.
Should there be shipping costs, they are invoiced in the first dispatch made. CTT shall cover the shipping costs whenever there are multiple dispatches due to lack of stock. There will be no additional shipping costs to the customer.
There are several delivery types available at the CTT online store:
- Standard Shipment (Portugal Mainland): Deliveries are made within one working day, depending on the time of the purchase and the payment method chosen (see no. 4). In case the delivery of the parcel is not possible, a notice will be left at your mailbox and the parcel will be available for collection for up to 6 working days at the CTT Post Office serving your address. In case the item is not collected within the due time, it will be returned to the sender.
Madeira and Azores islands
- Ordinary, domestic < 2 kg. Deliveries are made within a maximum of 7 working days for Madeira and 15 working days for Azores, depending on the time of the purchase and the payment method chosen (see no. 4). In case the delivery of the parcel is not possible, a notice will be left at your mailbox and the parcel will be available for collection for up to 6 working days at the CTT Post Office serving your address. In case the item is not collected within the due time, it will be returned to the sender.
- Ordinary, domestic > 2 kg. Deliveries are made in a maximum period of 7 working days for Madeira and 15 working days for Azores, depending on the time of the purchase and the payment method chosen (see no. 4). In case the delivery of the parcel is not possible, a notice will be left at your mailbox and the parcel will be available for collection for up to 5 working days at the CTT Post Office serving your address. In case the item is not collected within the due time, it will be returned to the sender.
International Shipping (philately products only).
- Ordinary, International. Delivery within 7 working days.
All the above-mentioned delivery standards may vary, according to the products selected, the payment method chosen or the transport limitations, as in the case of the Madeira and Azores islands.
Some products’ delivery times (ex. Philately products and chocotelegram) may be wider to the ones described in each of the delivery options.
Up to 2 KG
From 2 up to 5KG
*As of 30 kg, 0.11€ will be charged for each additional kg.
Only philatelic items are shipped abroad.
Shipping costs above 30€ are free, regardless of the delivery method. This cost is supported by CTT.
The dispatch of the items is guaranteed after the confirmation of the payment and according to the following conditions:
The accomplishment with the above-mentioned delivery standards will only be ensured after the payment confirmation and under the following conditions:
- Ordinary – orders made until 06:00 p.m.
- Standard – orders made until 01:00 p.m.
To guarantee the order’s delivery time, the Customer must comply with the time mentioned above, as well as the payment method used.
Specific conditions to perishable products (Chocotelegram)
If the addressee is not at the address indicated and if the Chocotelegram is not collected at the nearest CTT Post Office within due time, the product will be returned to our warehouses and destroyed. In this situation, the customer is not entitled to a new shipment nor to the reimbursement of the Chocotelegram value or the postage costs.
We also recommend that the address indicated is in fact the address of the addressee (for example, the work location). It is not possible to be delivered in PO boxes. The address should be the most exact possible. CTT are not liable for any incorrect or insufficient addressees.
The CTT online store offers the following payment methods:
- ATM: The customer has 7 days to pay for the order. After this time, if the payment is not concluded, the order will be cancelled. The dispatch of the item is guaranteed after confirmation of the payment and takes place 24 hours at the latest after the payment
- Payshop: the customer has 30 days to complete payment, or the purchase will be canceled
- Credit card: For security reasons and payment validation, orders above 250€ can suffer a delay up to 3 days.
- Cash on Delivery (only available for mail and parcels and Philatelic Products) in Portugal
The orders made during weekends and holidays are delivered on the next working day.
For fiscal purposes, all orders are consider as addressed to the final consumer.
Prices are in euros and already include all taxes, including VAT at the legal rate in force.
6. Termination of the contract
After the reception of the order, the Customer has 14 days to terminate the contract concluded in the CTT website.
The termination of the contract depends on the following conditions:
- Items should be returned in due condition and in the original package where they were sent;
- The returned items should also be accompanied by the return form stating the reason for the return, the invoice and the proof of delivery;
- Personalized and perishable products cannot be returned unless the product is faulty or it is a clear mistake of CTT;
- Returns of audio or video recordings, disks or computer software where the Customer removed the warranty seal of inviolability are not accepted;
- Exchanges are made for products of equal value. Should the Customer choose to exchange for another product of a higher or lower price, the full amount of the order shall be refunded and a new order should be made;
- Should there be a refund claim for an item purchased at a reduced price due to a special offer or promotion, CTT will reimburse only the amount actually paid by the Customer;
- The Customer shall pay the shipping costs related to the items to be returned, except if CTT takes the responsibility for the return;
- Returns should be sent to the address referred to in 7 within 14 days counting from the date of delivery of the order by the Customer. The date of the return to be considered is the date of the date stamp when the order is handed over to be returned.
- Should the agreement be terminated with the return of the products according to the above mentioned conditions, CTT undertake to reimburse the customer within 30 days of the amount corresponding to the price of the product(s) listed in the invoice with no charges for the customer. Otherwise, CTT is obliged to return twice the amount paid by the Customer, without prejudice of the Customer’s right to be compensated for pecuniary or non-pecuniary damages – article 8 from Dl 143/2001, of 26.04.
- Should any component of the purchased item be missing or not be in perfect condition when the Customer returns the items, there will be no refund and the item is sent back to the Customer.
- The Customer shall pay for the shipping costs.
7. Returns and Customer service
Returns should be sent to the following addresses:
Loja Online Armazéns Porto Alto
Av. Nossa Senhora da Guadalupe nº 103 (lote 1) Zona Industrial
2135-015 SAMORA CORREIA
For Philatelic products:
Loja Online Filatelia
Rua Heróis de Chaimite, 43 - Piso 1
For further information Customers may use the following contacts:
- CTT phone line: 21 047 16 16. Working days from 08:30 a.m. till 19:30 p.m.
- Fax: (351) 210 471 976
- Formulário de contacto
8. Warranty, manufacturing defect and malfunctions
Products in general:
The procedures to activate the warranty vary according to the brands. These procedures are sent together with the products and are to be adopted in case of malfunction or manufacturing defect. Please keep your purchase invoice for the whole warranty period.
CTT may, whenever deemed necessary and without notice, amend or modify the contents available at www.ctt.pt/loja-online, namely regarding products, prices, general specifications, and otherwise.
All items commercialized in www.ctt.pt/lojaonline are in accordance with the Portuguese legislation.
The items sold are described and presented the most exact way possible. However, and if despite all precautions, there are some errors, CTT are not liable for that situation.
Except in the cases covered by the guarantee, any transaction occurred between CTT and their customers unclaimed within 6 months will not be subject of any claim.
CTT are not liable for any damages coming from interferences, interruption, computer viruses, malfunctions of operative system’s disconnections that may temporarily prevent the access, navigation, or services provision.
11. Privacy and personal data protection
The automated processing of the data seized complies with Law 67/98 dated 26 October, regarding the Protection of Personal Data. Such data is used to process orders and communicate with the Customers, to handle enquiries and complaints, to perform statistics and direct marketing actions.
CTT shall not convey the personal data of the Customers to third parties.
According to the law, the User is entitled to have access to any personal data in the database concerning him and to correct it:
- By mail: Av. D. João II, n.º 13, 3 ºandar, 1999-001 LISBOA
- By phone: (+351) 21 047 16 16. Working days from 08:30 a.m.to 07:30 p.m.
- By fax: (351) 210 471 976
- Contact form
The present conditions are applicable to all products available for sale at the CTT online store and the offer is valid within the limits of the stock.
13. Governing law and jurisdiction
All litigation arising from these general conditions will come under the exclusive jurisdiction of Portuguese law, and in all cases, Portuguese law and/or international conventions to which Portugal is signatory will be applicable.
For the resolution of all matters arising from Transport contracts to which these general conditions refer, the Portuguese Courts will be the exclusive forum for such cases.
If by any reason you are not satisfied with our service, please address your claim to the Customer Service:
- By mail: Av. D. João II, n.º 13, 3º andar, 1999-001 LISBOA
- By phone: (+351) 21 047 16 16. Working days from 08:30 a.m.to 07:30 p.m.
- By fax: (351) 210 471 976
- Contact form