|Date of birth and nationality||1 June 1976, born in Portugal|
|Date of 1st appointment at CTT||6 January 2020|
|Term of office||2020 / 2022|
- 2004: MBA, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University (Evanston-IL, USA)
- 2000: Degree in Electrical Engineering, Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisboa
Management and supervisory positions held internally
- 2022 - …: Member of the Board of Directors of Medspring, S.A.
- 2021 - …: Member of the Board of Directors of CTT IMO – Sociedade Imobiliária, S.A.
- 2021 - …: Member of the Board of Directors of Newspring Services, S.A.
- 2021 - …: Member of the Board of Directors of HCCM Outsourcing Investment, S.A.
- 2020 - …: Member of the Board of Directors of CTT Soluções Empresariais, S.A.
- 2020 - …: Member of the Board of Directors of CTT Expresso - Serviços Postais e Logística, S.A.
- 2020 - …: Member of the Board of Directors and of the Executive Committee of CTT
- 2018 - …: Member of the Board of Directors of CTT Contacto, S.A.
- 2018 - 2019: Member of the Board of Directors of Transporta – Transportes Porta a Porta, S.A.
- 2018 - 2018: Member of the Board of Directors of Mailtec Comunicação, S.A.
Other internal positions held
His professional activity has been focused on areas of operations in different sectors, namely Strategic Consulting, Logistics and Transport of Valuables, as well as Courier and Express and Parcels. He joined CTT in 2018 as Head of Operations having been appointed, still in 2018, as member of the Board of Directors of CTT Contacto, S.A., Mailtec Comunicação, S.A. and Transporta – Transportes Porta a Porta, S.A., all companies of the CTT Group. As CTT’s Head of Operations, he managed all operations of collection, printing and finishing, handling and distribution of mail, parcels and express and cargo, with direct responsibilities on the definition and execution of CTT’s Modernisation and Investment Plan.
Currently, as executive member of the Board of Directors of CTT (COO), he is responsible for the areas of Mail Production Operations, Transport & Delivery Operations, International & Autonomous Regions Operations, Business Solutions Operations and Express, Cargo & Logistics Operations, Operations Planning & Development, Operations Efficiency and Productivity and Customer Support & Quality of Operations, in addition to the positions of member of the Board of Directors of the subsidiaries CTT Expresso - Serviços Postais e Logística, S.A., CTT Contacto, S.A., CTT Soluções Empresariais, S.A., HCCM Outsourcing Investment, S.A., Newspring Services, S.A., CTT IMO – Sociedade Imobiliária, S.A. and Medspring, S.A.
Having started his professional career as a Junior Teaching Assistant (1998-1999) at the mathematics department of Instituto Superior Técnico, he joined Motorola in 1999 as a Junior Researcher, where he took part in the UMTS radio interface development team.
In 2000 he joined McKinsey & Company as Business Analyst (2000-2002) and later as Associate (2004-2006), during which time he developed various skills as a consultant in different areas of this company’s activity. From 2007 to 2009, he served as Engagement Manager, leading various operations projects in the services sector and gaining experience in implementing Lean Operations programmes in various business sectors.
In 2009, he joined Prosegur as Managing Director of the Logistics and Values Unit and later accumulated the duties of Managing Director of the security technology unit. In 2013, he was appointed Country Manager of Prosegur in Portugal, taking under his responsibility the entire P&L of the Prosegur Group in the country. Two years later and following the separation of the businesses carried out by this multinational company in the various geographies in which it operates, he was appointed Managing Director of Prosegur Security Portugal, the company's human, and technological surveillance area.
Management and supervisory positions held in other companies (last 5 years)
2013 - 2018: Manager of Prosegur – Companhia de Segurança, Lda.
Other external positions held (last 5 years)